When scanning, you are looking through the device to monitor the scan’s process. Therefore, it is important to take the following safety points into consideration:
- Practise situational awareness. Be aware of work activity, equipment, site hazards, landscape, wildlife, etc. while scanning. It is best to survey the area you are planning to scan before you start to make note of any hazards that may exist in the surrounding area.
- Do not go into confined spaces to scan.
- Be aware of your footing while scanning.
- Don’t get too close to open excavations drops in elevation or edges of elevate structures.
- Be aware of overhead hazards.
- Use an extension pole where it is difficult or dangerous to reach with just your arms.
- You may need to use a drone to capture areas too large or varied in terrain.